Wow! What a way to kick off our 13th season! We could not be more thankful for all our amazing fans and supporters. You made our very first Give to the Max Day a huge success. In fact, #GTMD18 was our most successful league fundraiser in recent memory!
We raised a grand total of $1,190 with 42 people donating. Most of the donations were in the $5 to $25 range. Our largest single donation was $250. We even had a donor sign up to make recurring monthly donations.
THANK YOU to all! Your generosity added up to an impressive day of giving for North Star Roller Derby. Every single donation will make a positive impact on our league this season, and in seasons to come.
Your donations will go toward:
- Holding bouts and tournaments for anyone to come and enjoy
- Rental costs of our practice space, the place we call home and hang our skates
- Advertising and printing costs to help us spread the derby word
- Recruiting efforts so even more people can find their good place here
- Travel expenses (our travel team skaters and volunteers can spend thousands each year, out of pocket, to help improve our league’s global rankings in inter-league competitive play)
This was our very first Give to the Max Day. It was both tons of fun and a wonderful learning experience for next year.
We hope you were able to tune in to our Give-a-Thon Derb-a-Thon scrimmage during #GTMD18. You can watch it here if you missed it or if you’d like to watch again. We threw in plenty of fun shenanigans to go along with the usual hard-hitting derby action. We had several interviews, an officials dance party, a rookie trivia contest, and a massive apex jump competition – so make sure to catch those if you haven’t yet!
If you missed out on Give to the Max Day, our GiveMN page is always live and able to accept donations.
And don’t forget, “unLucky Season 13” kicks off with the “Black Cat-astrophe” mini-tournament Dec. 1 at the Canterbury Expo Center.
We’ll see you on the track!